Friday, January 23, 2015

Quinoa Crusted Parmesan Chicken with Zucchini Noodles

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I love that I can sit here on a Friday afternoon cuddled up in a blanket (I don't really need the blanket, I just like it), in a wife beater and yoga pants, listening to reggae while blogging recipes, sharing the things that helped me get rid of those last 25lbs and truly enjoying my career. This whole Beachbody coach thing aint so shabby.

A little progress pic.. I practice what I preach here at From Flab to Fab ... I plan on staying as Fabulous as I can for as long as I can! It's nice to feel good about yourself, see the results from your consistency, and hard work. Keep going ladies, you GOT this.


What does FABULOUS EVEN MEAN??? And why did I choose it... 


Extra --- ordinary... its that little EXTRA that defines the difference.
Stupendous... lovely word.
Amazingly good ____ (ad lib that: heart. soul. body. humor...sex???)
Having no basis in reality... I create my own... your reality IS what you create around you.
Extra ordinarily large... don't you want to live your largest dreams? I know I do!

Oh, I like it. I like it a lot.



Grateful.

Ok so onto the GOOD stuff... the recipe! I've seen a few versions of this concept before and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it and make a few adjustments.




What You Need: *recipe for two


  • 2-4 Chicken breasts (I did 4 chicken breasts in halves.. it was more than enough, I would suggest doing two and cutting in half) 
  • 2 eggs beaten 
  • 1/2 cup of coconut flour (don't worry you wont have coconut chicken parm lol -- if you use enough seasonings, that and the quinoa will cover up any coconut flavor) 
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • Italian seasoning, rosemary, basil, garlic powder OR I used Garlic Lovers by Flavor God
  • Shredded mozzarella and fresh grated parm (or that stuff in the green container bottle thing)
  • SAUCE: you can do store bought or home made.. I've done home made but I know it can be better.. so you can certainly Pinterest some good sauce recipes. To use my recipe for sauce and for the noodles/zoodles go HERE! 



Directions:
*Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  1. First things first chickadees - you need to cook that quinoa! Start that first -- the directions should be on the bag. If you buy bulk, typically its 1/2 cup of quinoa per 1 cup of water .5/1 -- cook and let cool.
  2. Start the zucchini noodle prep -- I also made it with spaghetti squash for my boyfriend since he prefers that. 
  3. Set up your little dunking station: beaten eggs in one bowl, coconut flour in another, and the quinoa. Cut the chicken breasts in halves or like chicken tenders.. up to you. Then dip chicken in the flour, then the eggs, then the quinoa...place into a glass pyrex dish (spray it with EVOO or canola oil).
  4. I like to sprinkle the seasonings and cheese on top of the chicken once coated and on top of the noodles/zoodles. For the ZOODLE 'how-to' click HERE! Pop into the oven for 30 minutes or until done. 
  5. Once your noodles are done, place chicken on top, pour on the sauce and sprinkle with fresh parm. 
THAT easy && THAT yummy! I first saw this recipe HERE on Damn Delicious but just changed a few things. But check out that page, it has tons of great ideas! 

21 Day Fix Approved:

2 Green (noodles/spaghetti squash/sauce)**psst technically tomatoes are fruit (21 DF mistake?)
1 Red (chicken breast/minimal eggs)
1 yellow (quinoa/minimal coconut flour)
1 Blue (cheeses/optional EVOO on noodles)



I hope you love this just as much as we did! <3 Bon Appetite, GUILT FREE!

1 comment :