So a few weeks ago my boyfriend and I went to our friends house (cute engaged couple -- Tiarah and Tony) and they introduced us to an AWESOME seriously healthy and EASY recipe... So thank you Tony for being health focused and getting us hooked even MORE so on potatoes ha!
This recipe is EASY... and takes minimal mental effort. Ready? Me too, because even the left overs are #bombDOTcom
What you Need:
- Two large sweet potatoes or yams
- organic, unrefined coconut oil
- Himalayn salt and pepper
- Grass fed beef/lean ground turkey/black beans -- use your preference of a patty -- black bean burgers are a GREAT option for vegan and vegetarian folks! For the black bean patty recipe (vegan and vegetarian friendly) CLICK HERE
- Hamburger seasoning
- Olive oil
- shredded cheese or pepper jack
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut up the sweet potatoes in circles - these will be your BUNS! So make sure your SP are big enough or your patties are smaller depending on the size
- Grab a pyrex larger glass dish. Toss in 1 tbsp of coconut oil -- if its not melted just place in the oven for a second. Toss the sweet potato slices around so they are coated with the coconut oil and add a dash of salt! Put in the oven for about 25 minutes -- don't let them get TOO soggy or your buns will fall apart!
- Season your ground turkey, beef or black bean patties with your choice of seasonings -- I liked hamburger seasoning, pepper, a little salt, and add shredded cheese to keep most. Then place into SMALL patties and coat with olive oil.
- Either in a pan, on a grill (like my hand dandy George Foreman), or in the oven, cook the patties until desired temperature/well/medium well/etc.
- When both are done, add some ketchup, avocado and enjoy! Or whatever toppings you want ;-)
21 Day Fix Approved:
Depending on which bracket your in based on your caloric needs/goals it depends on how many red/yellow/blue and green containers you have portioned for each meal. If you follow my meal above, it would be two red/two yellow/two green/1 blue (ok maybe two blue... whoops darn avocado).
But the main containers you are using: Green, Red, Yellow (& blue if you are adding avocado)
*The sweetness from the coconut oil adds the perfect sweet/salt ratio to your dinner, trust me its AMAZING! It doesn't taste like coconut burgers ;-)