Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jalapeno Avocado Black Bean Burger



Looks good huh? Looks don't do this bad boy any justice. AT ALL. I took this recipe from Women's health and posted it on my  LIKE PAGE please go and LIKE me for recipes, fashion, fitness, and well being! =) (http://www.womenshealthmag.com/nutrition/veggie-burger-recipes)

So my boyfriend and I decided to try this recipe, and he was such a big help in the kitchen, esp since I hate dishes. and my sink is tiny. and I hate cleaning. But he's awesome. and I'm pretty sure he was just as into these as I was! Wait... isn't he CUTE?! AWH. 

What you will Need:
  • 1 1/2 cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup of rolled oats
  • 1/2tsp of black pepper
  • 1tbsp of cumin
  • 1/2tbsp of garlic powder
  • 1 egg *substitute: for vegan option, use 1tbsp of ground flax and 3 tbsp of water 
  • 1/2tbsp or 1tbsp (depends on your preference) of chili powder
  1. BLEND the above ingredients or put in food processor. Then pack the patties into palm size portions, and fire up the grill or heat up your George Foreman (like muahhh) and coat the patties in olive oil so they don't stick. Grill each side for a few minutes until crispy exterior. 
  2. Slice up avocado and tomatoes, place on top of patties and add jalapeños! Add whole wheat or multigrain buns! 
  3.  Stuff your face! 



No comments :

Post a Comment