Since my guy loves me so much and sees how often I'm involved with my clients, he takes it upon himself to come up with some really easy and quick lunch ideas that require little effort, but have pretty good taste. While I'm getting a few things done, he doesn't mind man handling the kithen. So bravo hunny buns, this blog is dedicated to you. I appreciate you!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
With that said, this is OUR (I made a few adjustments) Tuna Burger recipe. These use ALBACORE tuna, therefore they are like crab cakes. #HellsYES
It's simple. And you probably have the ingredients in your kitchen now.
You Need: *Makes 4 decent size burgers
21 Day Fix container count per burger: 1.5 Red, 1 Blue, 1/4 Yellow, add 1 green IF you put on top of spinach
- 2 cans of Albacore canned tuna (I get it from Costco #CostcoLife therefor they're BIG) *please note that if you use cheaper versions of tuna, the texture and taste will be very different and more watery. You will need to adjust the recipe based on consistency.
- 2 tbsp Hummus - FLAVOR FLAVVVV is up to you! I used chipotle and holy smokes. YUM.
- 1 tbsp Horseradish
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt or Sea Salt (to taste, optional)
- Sweet Relish (optional)
- chopped white onion
- minced garlic (fresh is best)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of oat flour (you can also use bread crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and get glass pan, spray with olive oil
- In a bowl combine above ingredients - be sure to taste test and make it fit your tastebuds.
- Pack the meat into burgers
- In a pan on medium high heat, brown each side of the tuna burgers so they create a thin crust.
- Once browned on each side, pop them in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
Serve on top of a bed of spinach, with soup, or whatever tickles your fancy tastebuds.
Easy? We like easy.
Bon Appetite friends.