Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Cinnabon Protein Pancakes

I LOVE cinnamon, but too much cinnamon weirdly makes me nauseous... I don't know why it happens! But whenever I have a Cinnabon I have a few bites and I'm good! So when I made this recipe I tried to keep all that in mind. And VOILA, I was able to master the art of cinnamon and not puking!



What you Need:


  • 1c of of whole wheat flour or whole grain (which is better IMO!) 
  • 2 tsp of baking powder
  • 4 packets of stevia 
  • 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 1c of milk (I used rice milk-- opt for a non dairy milk to keep it healthier)
  • 2tbsp of coconut oil
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder w/ dash of cinnamon OR Cinnabon protein powder (order here
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract 
  • syrup of your choice 

Instructions:

  1. Combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, protein powder- Mix well
  2. Beat the egg white, milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil together
  3. Add the two mixtures together, mix well. 
  4. Heat the griddle or non stick pan (I always spray the pan regardless) 
  5. Flip when sides brown and check the bottom frequently so it doesn't burn--with whole wheat flour its harder to tell because it's darker. So keep an eye on it. 
  6. While pancakes cool off, mix together 1/2 scoop of protein powder (I'm telling ya, the Cinnabon protein powder is PERFECT for this) with 1/4 cup of syrup. I added another dash of cinnamon to it and then pour on top! 
It's THAT easy. 
ENJOY! 


No comments :

Post a Comment