This recipe is EASY PEASY -- just how I like it. I know the ingredients list looks long, but trust me its pretty quick to whip up!
What You Need: *makes 8-10 small pancakes -- (Psst! I like to make a bigger batch to save and freeze through out the week)
Wet Ingredients (Mix in separate bowl):
- 2tbsp of Coconut oil (unrefined organic)
- 1 cup of almond or rice milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 3 egg whites/1 egg
Dry Ingredients: (Mix in Separate bowl):
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat or coconut flour (I also found whole grain at Costco)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
- dash of cloves (grounded)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
What to Do:
- Mix the wet ingredients first - let sit while you mix dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet into the dry bowl and whisk thorough. If it seems too thick, add a splash of milk until batter like consistency.
- Heat the pan with coconut oil, pour mix in small silver dollar sizes then when it bubbles at the top, flip.
If you want to get all fancy pants with the syrup, I add 1/2 scoop of Cinnabun protein to the syrup and then pour over! VOILA! Bon Appetite!