Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Getting rid of Fruit Flies/Gnats

G-Nat. Gnat. Nat? Those silent letters kill me. But you know what? I still handled the Spelling Bee like a BOSS. 3rd Grade Represent! Mrs. Cox was by far my favorite teacher-- ok totally off topic.



Anyway, my step dad told me about this SUPER easy way to catch fruit flies/gnats without any chasing, cursing, or breaking things.

It's really simple, so simple it was a small mind blow.

So you'll need a sandwich bag, a small cup, a rubber band or hair tie, and apple cider vinegar.


Step 1. Cut one of the corners off the zip lock bag/sandwich bag -- not TOO big, small so they can crawl through but not be able to fly out.

Step 2. Pour apple cider vinegar in the cup -- you don't need a lot.

Step 3. Cover the cup with the bag, pointing the cut edged side of the bag in the cup, NOT TOUCHING THE liquid -- just let it hover above it.

Step 4. Place the rubber band around the cup to hold the baggie in place.

Step 5. Wait and catch some fruit flies. In about 1 hour we caught two, and now we don't really have any!



Pretty cool right? I was impressed #easilyamused


No comments :

Post a Comment