Monday, April 22, 2013

No Mayo Tuna sandwiches!

I love tuna sandwiches.

Esp mine.

What you Need:

  • 2 cans of tuna (albarcore in water, costco baby!)
  • 2 tbsp of relish-- add more for the right consistency/taste**
  • 2 tbsp of mustard (I love dijon and spicy, I will add as much as I need for the right taste)
  • 1 avocado or even guacamole works!  add more for the right consistency**
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 stalks of celery chopped
  • optional: lettuce, tomato and jalapenos! MMM who doesn't love a good kick?!
Prep:
  1. Open tuna and drain water
  2. Chop celery and toss in a bowl with mustard, relish, avocado. Mix well.
  3. Add tuna
  4. add salt and pepper based on taste! 
I like to toast my bread, then garnish with jalapenos, lettuce and tomato! 
EAT IT. MMM so good. Pretty much just sub mayo for avocado! 

I also use Ezekiel bread because of the sprouted grains vs processed wheat or white! You can also find flourless bread at local health food stores or look online! 


No comments :

Post a Comment