Saturday, April 6, 2013

Coconut Strawberry Quinoa Protein Pancakes

Ok well if you couldn't tell, I love breakfast, more specifically--pancakes. And I'll take them just about anyway I can get them, but I LOVE them when they're healthy, don't leave me feeling lethargic and I know they're good for me!
This is a TOTAL original RECIPE, so please SHARE my BLOG with other pancake lovers!
So without further adieu...



What you will need:

  • 1 cup of cooked quinoa
  • 3/4 cup of brown rice flour
  • 1/2cup of unsweetened coconut
  • 1tsp of baking powder
  • 3 large egg whites
  • 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
  • 1 tbsp of agave nectar 
  • 1/3 cup of plain or vanilla greek yogurt
  • dash of Himalayan salt
  • 1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk
  • dash of cinnamon
Prepare:
  1. Cook quinoa (2c water, bring to boil, add 1c of quinoa) put on simmer with a lid
  2. While quinoa is cooking, gather rest of ingredients.
  3. Combine protein powder, flour, salt, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon--wisk
  4. Combine wet ingredients-agave, egg whites, milk, yogurt-wisk
  5. Once quinoa is cooked, add into dry ingredients and mix well, then add wet ingredients, mix well!
  6. Heat skillet with 1tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil and then cook smaller pancakes. 
  7. Cut up fresh strawberries--add on top of pancakes last
VOILA you are DONE! enjoy!

XOXO, 
Abby


No comments :

Post a Comment