Friday, April 13, 2012

Crockpot Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken (w/coconut milk)



I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chicken Panang Curry and while I would LOVE to eat it 1x a week, I have a budget I gotta stick to and some ChaLEAN Extreme results I gotta keep! And then it dawned on me, I have EVERYTHING I need in my cabinet right now to make my own spicy, peanut, coconut, chicken recipe. So alas.. here I am!

Did I mention it's CLEAN and lower in calories? Oh yeah!

You will need:

  • 4 chicken breasts (then halve them if they are larger)
  • 3tbsp of curry powder
  • 1tbsp of ginger powder or minced ginger
  • 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 1 cup of hot water
  • 1 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
  • dash of chili powder
  • 3-5 **do you love peanut butter?** tbsp of all natural peanut butter or PB2 (85% less fat then regular peanut butter, comes in powdered form)
  • 1/2c of crushed peanuts
  • dash of Himalayan or sea salt
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • 1tsp of cinnamon
You can either sauté and brown the garlic and onions before you combine all the ingredients or just throw it all in the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours. I threw it all together!

ADD (optional):

  • 1 chopped zucchini
  • 1 chopped yellow squash
  • 2 chopped carrots
  • 1 chopped bell pepper


either throw in the crockpot all together, or boil then add, which is what I did! 

Pour over bed of brown rice or quinoa, and you are done my friend!! 


** I would make this maybe 1x a month or so just to satisfy the craving, it is lower in calories but since there is so much peanut butter, eat with caution! You can eat a lot of "clean" and "organic" foods at a large quantity and have it backfire. So just be careful with consumption! =)


the pictures do NOT do it justice~ I really should invest in a camera besides my iPhone!

No comments :

Post a Comment