Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Carrot Cake Pancakes (Low cal, High protein) Review from www.dashingdish.com

WOW... Ok so this is NOT my recipe. I love doing my own, but I also love reviewing recipes as well and this one gets 5 stars and 2 thumbs up, not only on creativity but taste! And the fact that it's clean, lower in calories and has protein scores a 100 in my book! Katie Farrell (the OG recipe gal) you are genius and this is truly your gift!

Here's the recipe and her amazing blog/website, her recipes are endless!!
http://www.dashingdish.com/2012/03/carrot-cake-protein-pancakes/


*Note: I doubled the measurements because I was making it for Corey and I, I did have left over batter though and they were SO filling that I only ate half of my pancake!





Granted, my pictures aren't as nice as hers but the taste was pretty amazing!!
and here ya go... 

INGREDIENTS:

Carrot Cake Pancakes
  • 1 scoop  (1/4 cup) plain or vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of nutmeg
  • pinch of ground ginger
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats (use gluten free if sensitive)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2-4 packets stevia (or 1/2-1 tbs sweetener of choice)
  • 1/2 cup carrots (chopped fine, these will be blended into the batter)  + 1/4 cup carrots, grated
  • Optional add-in’s: 2 tbs walnuts, chopped, 2 tbs golden raisins
Optional Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1/2 cup (4 oz) low fat cream cheese, softened in the microwave for 30 seconds
  • 1/4 cup low sugar or sugar free maple syrup
  • dash of cinnamon
  • 1 stevia packet (or sweetener of choice to taste)

METHOD:

  1. Put all of the ingredients in a blender, (except for 1/4 cup grated carrots and the optional add-ins), and blend until smooth! Stir in the additional grated carrots and optional add-ins (if desired).
  2. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle (or large nonstick skillet) coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
  3. To make the cream cheese frosting, whisk together the softened cream cheese, syrup, cinnamon and stevia in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over pancakes while warm if desired! Enjoy!


If you like this, LIKE her Facebook page for more recipes: 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dashing-Dish/165274283519232





No comments :

Post a Comment