Tuesday, April 3, 2012

California Sandwich

Oh... EM... GEEEEE! Yeah, I had to write that. Just make sure you sound like a valley girl when you read it ;-)

This is so easy, it's stupid and delicious. I don't buy deli meat anymore because of all the hidden processed crap thats in it (however I did use cheese, big deal). So I wanted to eat something fresh, light and that would keep the calories low and keep me satisfied.

So without further ado...

The California Sandwich



What you will Need:
  • Two slices of Ezekiel bread-check your local health food stores or request that your grocery store start to carry it. You can even check their websites to find a local carrier!
  • Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Chives
  • Sprouts
  • Lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste, I omitted salt
  • Wholly Guac or Avocado
  • Cucumber sliced 
  • Pepper Jack Cheese
Step 1: Use 1/8c of plain non-fat Greek yogurt and combine with chopped chives (eyeball the amount, I love chives so I used more). Then add pepper to taste.

Step 2: Spread guacamole or avocado on both slices of bread, place one slice of pepper jack cheese on top of one slice of bread. Then add the plain non-fat Greek yogurt/chive dip onto other slice of bread. 

Step 3: Cut and wash cucumber slices, then place on either slices, add pepper to taste. Then add sprouts to either slice and sprinkle lemon juice on top. Place the two slices together ;-) NOM.

I added some pine nut hummus for healthy fats with carrots (healthy sugars) for extra nutrition and energy to sustain me longer! Bon appetite kiddies! 

Revised from: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/16580


1 comment :