Thursday, October 13, 2011

Survive Holiday Weight Gain with Holiday Shakeology Recipes!

So with the holidays arriving (where did 2011 go?!) everyone is excited for pumpkin bread, turkey, sugar cookies, you name it. But how do you keep from binging on all the delicious sweets and back peddling your results so far? OR for those of you who are jumping on the health and fitness wagon now, how do you keep from over indulging and trying to fit a healthy diet into your holiday routine?

Maybe you think this is a little premature to be talking about the holidays and weight gain, maybe you are rolling your eyes and thinking "oh here she goes again!" BUT seriously, you are going to thank me, keep reading! I'm not trying to change your holiday food menu, I'm just trying to improve it!

I know what it's like to tempted at the thought of pancakes with chocolate chips, pumpkin bread baking in the oven, biscuits that could probably warm your heart. Yes, I'm VERY familiar with it because it was a way of eating for me. But this holiday season I vow to stay disciplined! I will treat myself once in a while, key word: once in a while (ok a few words), but I won't let it get the best of me.


This is typically the time of the year MOST people gain weight, "Most people don’t ever lose the pound of weight they put on during the holidays, according to a report in The New England Journal of Medicine. Since the average weight gain during adulthood is about one to two pounds a year, that means much of midlife weight gain can be explained by holiday eating. For people who are already overweight, the holiday weight news is worse.Although the average gain is only one pound, people who are already overweight tend to gain a lot more. One study found that overweight people gained five pounds or more during the holidays." http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/22/the-skinny-on-holiday-weight-gain/

So sure, I know that 1 pound may not seem like a lot, which it isn't but imagine that you had the mentality you could eat whatever you wanted, so you did over the next few months. That becomes habit as well as lack of activity, by January when you made the resolution to be fit and healthy, you'll have to throw out your old habits and replace them with new ones! Sounds like a lot of work to me. So why not get it right the FIRST time and survive the holidays still enjoying your favorite dishes (not everyday, its a TREAT), but also trying to figure out how to make those dishes into healthy foods!

Shakeology to the RESCUE! Seriously, I can't imagine not having my chocolate Shakeology through out this time of year. It's when hibernating, drinking coffee, and cuddling are a big part of my agenda, but so is working out and being active! So here are a few delicious holiday Shakeology recipes you MUST try! 

Gingerbread Man:
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of ginger
1tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of skim milk
1 scoop of Shakeology and ice to blend!

Gingerbread Latte

1 tsp. ginger
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup skim milk
½ cup cold coffee

Minty Mocha Chiller
½ tsp. peppermint extract
½ cup almond milk
½ cup cold coffee

If you are ready to try Shakeology, please email me so we can start your journey together and I can help you decide which flavor you would like best! 


No comments :

Post a Comment