Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What's your excuse?

Someday. Tomorrow. Eventually. Soon. One day.

Repeat those words to yourself two times.

Now. Present. Today. This very minute!

Repeat that to yourself ONCE.

See the difference? We all have life obstacles, we all have ups and downs. Life can be challenging, but if you aren't making it challenging for yourself and letting your life challenge you, it may be time to reevaluate it. We all have a voice, and no one can take it from us.

Sometimes finding that voice is hard, being able to let yourself BELIEVE that you can accomplish things is harder. Don't sabotage yourself by waiting. Are you waiting for the right time? The right opportunity? The right amount of money? The right person?  How much time are you willing to waste on waiting?

I wasted too much. I told myself p90x was out of my physical limits, I told myself home businesses such as beachbody were a scam, I told myself that I needed to wait till I was older till I understood money, God and other things. While I waited, I didn't grow. You are either growing or declining. Like in the Slight Edge by Jeff Olson, either the slight edge is working for you or against you.

It could be that your car broke down so you have to wait to pay for that before you can buy weights, or that you work 5 days a week, or that your favorite show is on at the time you like to workout, or school is really kickin your butt this semester. I've known a lot of people who have said, oh I wish I had your drive or I wish I had more time. I know that everyones lives are different and schedules can be hectic. It doesn't even have to be about fitness, but if you could dedicate 10 minutes a day to just bettering one or two areas in your life that need fertilizing, imagine where you would be in a month, 3 months and 6 months. Is it fitness? Finances? Marriage? Getting organized? Need more family time? I know that if I kept letting excuses like that take control of my day to day life, I would not be where I am right now.

So where am I? I have surrounded myself with wonderful people, I have a successful and growing business and I am my OWN boss, I am fit physically and spiritually and my marriage is better than ever. It's not selfish to want to have a successful life. So don't hold yourself back! Your wildest dreams can come true as long as you let yourself believe so and actually put the effort forward!

I personally know what it's like to look in the mirror and not be satisfied and actually dread going to the beach because that meant my flaws were exposed. I even remember going to Coast Guard day (the USCG has a day where we get to go to the local water park for 4 hours, all coasties) and being terrified of people seeing me in a bikini. I remember what it felt like to eat crappy food and what it did to my self image. It's not fun at all!
So here is some food for thought:

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

This is YOUR life! How do you want to spend it? How do you want to be remembered? What is that makes you happy? What do you NEED to do to change it and make it happen?

Now. Present. Today. This very minute!

No comments :

Post a Comment