Saturday, April 23, 2011

Is being Healthy Pricey?

So before I became a coach, I saw the price of Shakeology. I'm the kind of person, that if I really want something and think it's worth it, then I'll pay the bucks. BUT I have to reassured that it's actually WORTH it. So is Shakeology worth it? I know that I get it every month and most of you are probably thinking, "Whatever, she gets a discount and can afford it, bla bla bla". But trust me when I say, I am one FRUGAL person. I do not like spending tons of money on bills (which is prob why I REFUSE to turn on the AC) or food. As much as I love health, I also love not living paycheck to paycheck. Nothing is worth that hassle!

But let's think about this for a sec. If I can be frugal, but I can still find a way to afford Shakeology, then what reassured me it's worth the money?

If you wanted to create your own Shakeology, do you think you would save money? Let's add it up.

You would need:
-Exotic fruit (goji, acai, etc)
-4 cups of raw broccoli, raddishes, mushrooms, yogurt
-3 onions
-10cups of cauliflower
-1 cup of peas
- 1 shot of wheat grass
-7 carrots
-3 cups of romaine lettuce
-multivitamin
-protein
-prebiotics
-camu camu (which has 30x more vitamin C then oranges)
-sacha inchi (which has omega-3,-6,-9 fatty acids)
wait.. really. there are 70 ingredients. I won't go through them all, but hey if you can get ingredients found in the rain forest, by all means, make your own.

Just adding up the veggies alone would cost your $40 bucks. I think $3 a day (coach price, which you can get too! just ask me how!!) or $4 (customer price) is much better than $40.







Want to see the Nutrition in a larger size? go to www.myshakeology.com/abbyfix and go to the bottom, click on nutrition PDF




1 comment :

  1. Hmmm, I need to learn more about this. Never heard of it but sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete