Monday, May 18, 2015

The Dating Chronicles.... The Power of the Pussy Chapter 1 Review

You know... I really debated writing this piece. But I feel called to do so I'm going to say 'screw it' and do it anyway. . I will remain integrity, wont air dirty laundry, but I will share my ascension to being the best me and taking care of myself post break up.



Yes, I said post break up. After a divorce and a break up, I felt defeated. I had hope, but I felt that I wasn't ever going to get this right if I didn't make some changes. For those of you who don't really know me, I'm ALL for self improvement.... from audio to books, to Tony Robbins seminars to learning Spanish. I want to make my LIFE COUNT! I want to count, I want to matter, I want to positively impact the people around me who will do the same and together we can truly change the world. Bold statement right? It's a BOLD belief. But if you don't believe in something, you'll fall for anything.

And I also believe relationships are one of the most important pieces of life. The ones you have with your family, your friends, your lovers, your SELF, and for those of you spiritual -- your spiritual SELF!

So after a few failed relationships, you cant help but experience a few emotions. For me personally, I briefly thought, 'well maybe its me' . And to an extent IT is! Sure, we ALL have made mistakes in relationships and LIFE!

I don't want to hop from failed relationship to failed relationship though. I'm 26 years old and having a REAL relationship with myself outside of other relationships, and not letting my past define me. If anything my past experiences have PREPARED me.




So let me share how...

My friend Michelle told me about this book that has quite the intriguing title, "The Power of the Pussy" by Kara King. And I know that sounds very ABRUPT... but ladies lets be real. We have the most powerful thing in the world... why should we fail to acknowledge that with pride?!

So after she said, 'ABBY, you HAVE to get this book!' considering she knows what I'm going through, I trusted her and bought it right away. I got it in two days, love that Amazon Prime and DUG in!

And I'm flying right through it, so I figured I would share my thoughts/reflection on each chapter (or most at least).

First, I thought 'wow she says/writes fuck and pussy a LOT!' and she DOES! But you know what? Who cares? She's getting her point across perfectly and what's she saying is totally true -- at least for me. I don't know about you, but dating or considering dating in a city as beautiful as San Diego with people just as beautiful and a lot of womanizers/weirdos/overbearing guys out there, you need a freakin' guide book.



The part that stood out to me the most was about controlling your emotions at the end of the relationship. "It is necessary, however, to become aware of your emotions and their ability to control your actions. Once we're aware of this fact, then we can have control our actions by controlling our emotions" - BOOM.

As women in physical relationships, we literally crave a mans touch. Post break up it's like losing a limb practically... not having that extension of human touch. But this is what stops me 'There are men out there that will do and say anything just to get what they need"-- and aint that the truth! I know there are guys who have said things to me just to see if it was like hanging a carrot in front of a horse and telling it to move forward.

And like I said, failed relationship after failed, which is normal, means that its time to be a bit more wise.

Look, I can't tell whats going on on the other side of this blog and on your screen. I'm not sure if you're in your forties or around my age... married or going through a break up too... or maybe you've been single for a while and you're wondering how to even find a GOOD man.

If you're looking for an up to date, modern, and REAL advice when it comes to confidence, loving yourself, dating, and landing a good man, this book is LITERALLY a HOW TO GUIDE!

And you're in luck darlin' ... I just started a private Facebook group dedicated to women who are also reading the book along with me. So far we have a pretty decent size group with women of all ages and experiences.

So if you're looking for answers, direction, laughter, and guidance... message me NOW! You are more than welcome to join with zero obligations. You just need to buy the book off Amazon!

If you want in and you have a Facebook account, just send me a friend request HERE and message me "Interested in the Book Club!" so I can add you!

Hope to see ya! CIAO bellas!


No comments :

Post a Comment