Monday, February 9, 2015

Spicy Chinese Shrimp Stir Fry

So.. I'm not sure if this is Chinese inspired or what but... whatever it is, its delicious. I usually just use teriyaki sauce and that's it (is that lazy or efficient?) but I wanted to try a little something from scratch. So alas... this is what I was inspired to try by a mashup of a few recipes I've seen. I didn't want to do as many steps or have as many ingredients. So it kind of snowballed into its own. And YUM.



What You Need:


  • large eggplant 
  • Rice wine vinegar 
  • garlic
  • 1 TBSP of sirarcha 
  • crushed red pepper
  • sesame seeds
  • scallions
  • sesame oil
  • coconut oil
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • Himalayan salt
  • zucchini - I used Mexican 
  • yellow potatoes
  • red and green bell peppers
  • Protein: Use whatever you like, but I used shrimp! 
  • Brown Rice 
Directions:



  1. Dice up all the veggies. I cut the potato into small pieces and then boil for a few minutes alone. 
  2. Prepare the rice (that shizzz takes forever)
  3. Dethaw shrimp if need be and set aside. 
  4. In a large pan, on low heat add 3tbsp of sesame oil and 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Add 1-2 tsp of crushed red pepper, and diced onion. Add the veggies and potatoes, sauté 
  5. In a smaller pan, add 2tbsp of sesame oil and 1tbsp of coconut oil. Add 1 tsp of crushed red pepper and 1 tsp of garlic. Add 1tbsp of sirarcha and add the shrimp
  6. Add the scallions and sesame seeds last then combine the shrimp with the veggies. 
VOILA! 

I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! <3 Ciao! 


1 comment :

  1. These are some great tips. For those who could use some more specific advice, tips and information about great article thanks for posting.
    Cook at quick smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete