Monday, August 18, 2014

Spinach and Asparagus Cheesy Stuffed Chicken

Fun fact: I stopped eating meat for about 5 months after watching a lot of those food documentaries on Netflix (Food Inc., Forks Over Knives, Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead, Food Matters, Farmageddon, pretty much every single one they have had). 

I'm secretly obsessed with those documentaries, it baffles me what kind of bullshit goes on within our country and food. Geez ok.. thats another blog article in itself. 

So let me ask ya...

Why did the chicken cross the road?



Well in my book, to get stuffed, seasoned, and baked! I'm back to eating meat, and I see it like this: live life with balance. I TRY to balance all things -- food, alcohol, workouts, relationships, etc. and even, MEAT. I try my best to find range free, organic, local grown, hormone free, etc. products. 

To be honest, its an internal battle whether to be vegetarian at times when you know only half of the bad things that go on behind closed doors (cough Monsanto cough). 
AH back to that! Ok, focus! 

Here's What You Need: 

  • 2 chicken breasts (or 1 if your cooking for one)
  • Seasoning of your choice for the chicken -- I used Mrs. Dash Original blend and Chicken 
  • Olive oil
  • Spinach
  • Asparagus
  • Himalayan salt
  • Pepper
  • Low fat or whipped cream cheese 


Directions:

*Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees

  1. Butterfly (or cut in half like I did) the chicken, add a little olive oil and seasonings. 
  2. Season the asparagus (I used some of Mrs. Dash original and pepper) and coat lightly with olive oil, place in the oven for 12 or so minutes, then set aside. 
  3. Sautee the spinach with a little olive oil and Himalayn salt, then set aside.
  4. Cook the chicken for a few minutes (not fully cooked), pull out and add 1 tbsp of cream cheese per chicken breast. Add spinach and asparagus, and put back in the oven for 6 minutes.


Then...

Chow Down. 

Bon Appetite <3


No comments :

Post a Comment