Maybe I'm biased. But hey that's ok! I can be proud of these because these are literally the BEST I've ever made from scratch, and the best I've had-- box or not!
I'm on the last day of my 21 Day Fix journey, and even pancakes are on the menu (just one though-- so I had only one). I had to satisfy my overdue pancake craving. What can I say.. I'm addicted. Pancake eaters (not so) anonymous <3
So let's get this pancake party started. You ready?
What you Need:
- 1c of of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 4 packets of stevia
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt
- 1 egg white
- 1c of milk (I used rice milk-- opt for a non dairy milk to keep it healthier)
- 2tbsp of melted coconut butter/oil
- 1/2c of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- chocolate chips or fruit (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, protein powder and shredded coconut. Mix well
- Beat the egg white, milk, vanilla extract and coconut oil together
- Add the two mixtures together, mix well.
- Heat the griddle or non stick pan (I always spray the pan regardless)
- Flip when sides brown and check the bottom frequently so it doesn't burn--with whole wheat flour its harder to tell because it's darker. So keep an eye on it.
- Top with honey or syrup!