Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Five Home Beauty Remedies


Ah yes... looking good can come with a price tag but it also can be fairly easy and cheap if you know what to grab! Here are FIVE of my beauty at home remedies and secrets!



1. Ice Cube Facial

MHHMM. You heard/read that right! Do this in the morning or before going out! Grab an ice cube and start with under your eyes (clean faces only, no makeup of course), swipe it gently underneath, then take it across your cheeks. Using an ice cube on your face will temporarily diminish dark circles under the eyes, reduce redness in cheeks or acne scars, and make your pores shrink! I love doing this before I go out, it not only wakes me up but makes my face feel tighter and fresh! 


2. Hydrogen Peroxide to Whiten Teeth

I like to dip a Q-tip in Hydrogen Peroxide then swish it over my pearly whites to whiten them up a bit more. I don't do this all the time, probably once every two weeks. Do it for about 30 seconds to one minute. Most people are worried that it tastes funny, but it doesn't. There's barely any taste at all, and if you do taste something it's similar to whitening strips! 

3. Coconut Oil Hair Mask

DO NOT GO CHEAP on coconut oil. Get the unrefined organic stuff from Trader Joes, Sprouts or Whole Foods! If it's not melted (coconut oil/butter--at room temp its solid, any hotter it will melt), melt in microwave safe bowl then start with your ends! Work your way up by lathering your hair with the coconut oil. I usually use about 2TBSP for my long blonde hair. Leave on for an hour or more. I sometimes will workout or lay out and use the heat from my body or the sun to help it work better. When you rinse it out, shampoo hair twice thoroughly then add conditioner and rinse well! Do once a week! Cover with shower cap if you want, but it really does not leak or run down your face! 

4. Blueberry Yogurt Mask

Been in the sun too long? A little UV damage can really hurt your face, so try an at home mask of your choice. This one is great because the blueberries are a powerful antioxidant that are packed with Vitamin C and E which fend off fine lines. Also the yogurts lactic acid help exfoliate sun damaged skin!

Grab a handfull of blueberries and mash into plain greek yogurt (tbsp), put on face and let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse off!

5. Shave with Baby Oil and never use lotion again!

I LOVE to shave with baby oil, nothing saves your razor and moisture of your legs like shaving with baby oil! It only costs about $2-3 at WalMart and is WELL worth it! Just use a quarter size amount for each leg and a dime size for your bikini line. The best SHAVE EVER. Trust me, I've been doing it for over two years and can't go back to shaving cream or soap. Closest and smoothest shave of your life, promise! 




1 comment :