Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Quinoa Pancakes

I know... I know... ANOTHER pancake recipe? DUH. Like I've said, I'm ALWAYS ready to try another pancake recipe and this one makes the list! I saw this recipe and yep... gotta try it STAT. I did however revise it and made it a tad healthier with the flour choice etc.


Ingredients
1 cup cooked quinoa
3/4 cup organic buckwheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white (1 large egg white=3tbsp)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted (not the healthiest option I know)
1/4 cup almond milk
Maple syrup or honey
fresh fruit or fruit preserves (optional) for serving--LOVE me some strawberries! 
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, whisk together quinoa, buckwheat flour, baking powder, and salt. In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg white, butter, milk, and syrup until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and whisk to combine.
  2. Lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with olive oil or coconut oil and heat over medium-high. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls into skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top, 2 minutes. Flip cakes and cook until golden brown on underside, 2 minutes. Wipe skillet clean and repeat! 
and that's it! SUPER EASY! Look for bulk bag of quinoa if you have a Costco near you! ;-) 
Recipe from: http://www.fitsugar.com/Yummy-Recipe-Healthy-Quinoa-Pancakes-11658074

No comments :

Post a Comment