They taste AMAZING. Nuff said.
You will need:
- Tortillas (the healthier the better, check out Ezekiel tortillas, but they tear easy so try to find something else)
- Low fat cheese (optional, opt out if you want it to be healthier)
- black beans
- small red potatoes
- shredded chicken- we used my mexican salsa chicken crockpot recipe and it was PERFECT
- wholly guac or avocado
- green tomatillo salsa
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- sautéed onions and sweet peppers
- 2-4 eggs (depending on how many you feed, we do 2 eggs per person)
- Himalayan salt
- Chili powder
- olive oil
- Sauté (small pan) sweet peppers and 1 yellow onion in olive oil until soft and sweet
- Cut red potatoes into small bits, microwave for 3 minutes until soft, then lay out on foil, spray lightly with olive oil and Himalayn salt, put them on broil in the oven to brown the tops.
- Heat up black beans in another small pan (season with chili powder for extra kick) and mash
- Add eggs to the sweet peppers and onion, let cook.
- Lay out tortillas, use 1-2tbsp of guac and nonfat plain Greek yogurt and spread, add beans (as much or as little as you like)
- Add shredded chicken on top of the guac/NFPGY, and beans.
- Squeeze limes and add salsa (optional)
- Add eggs and potatoes (with onions and sweet peppers) to the tortilla, fold tightly
- On a heated pan with a dab of olive oil, place the folded breakfast burrito into the hot pan and brown each side.
ALL DONE! Not SUPER healthy, but not terribly bad for you either. Def a weekend treat and not an everyday thing!