Monday, March 12, 2012

Turbofire Chili Recipe!

Seriously, if someone told me cooking dinner for your husband would be this easy, I would have never bitched or complained before! and this chili is the BEST I've ever had or made!




Turbo Fire Chili Recipe
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup diced tomatoes-
I used the whole can which was about 15oz instead
8oz whole kernel corn, canned- 
I used the whole can which was about 15oz instead
1/2 onion, diced- I used a whole onion
2 garlic cloves
8oz black beans, canned-
I used the whole can which was about 15oz instead
8oz pinto, chili, or kidney beans, canned-
I used the whole dark red kidney bean can which was about 15oz instead
1tbsp tomato paste
1 pkg Lawrey's Chili seasoning
4 oz low-fat shredded cheddar cheese (optional)- I skipped the cheese! 

I also added chili peppers in adobo (just one chopped up finely) for that extra KICK and spice! My friend Lori, recommended that. 


The picture above also shows her amazing recipe for a not so healthy cornbread recipe... I will let her divulge that secret, all I can say is cornbread will never be the same!! 

Brown turkey. Drain and discard any fat. Place all ingredients except cheese into a slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on low, or 2 hours on high. Top with 1 oz. cheese, if desired.



No comments :

Post a Comment