Thursday, July 28, 2011

Spotlight: Flaxseed

I put ground flaxseed on my oatmeal every morning (as well as wheat germ). So what makes flaxseed so powerful and vital for healthy weight loss and maintenance? For one it is a great source of essential fatty acids, and a great source of vitamins, minerals and omega 3 fatty acids. If you aren't a fish fan, consume some flaxseed. Since its full of fiber and essential fats, it has the effect of making you feel fuller longer! It will also clean out your colon (don't be grossed out, its natural and good for you).

I usually put about 2 tbsp on my oatmeal ea. morning and wow, I def don't feel hungry for a while (even though I eat ever 3 hours to maintain an active metabolism).

Flaxseed also contains anti-cancer properties and antioxidants such as lignans which help fight against free radicals in your body. This supplement is easy, cheap and all natural. The best way to do it is buy the seeds whole, soak them in water for an hour, then grind them and sprinkle over your salads, baked goods, smoothies, oatmeal or anything you want.  Be sure to store them in a dry safe area so the seeds don't go bad!

No comments :

Post a Comment