Monday, March 14, 2011

Almond Butter Banana Pancakes

Sounds too good to be true, right? Think again, they are amazing for not having any flour, added sugar, chocolate chips, etc. I didn't think you could even ATTEMPT to make pancakes without flour, but I'm surprised again. Who says you need all that unbleached flour? Anyone who is interested in eating primal should know that almond flour is also a great substitute, but not needed for this specific recipe. Check it out:
All you need is:
2 ripe bananas
1 egg
1 tbsp of Almond butter (I used 1 1/2 tbsp)
Mash up the bananas, add the egg, then the almond butter.
Warm up the skillet and either use butter down or olive oil to coat the skillet, then make them very small because they might be hard to flip.
*makes about 5-6
 They should look like this:

I wish I could take credit for this simple and smart recipe but I can't. Want to find more recipes like this? go to: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/

While they are super yummy, you have to keep in mind these aren't your mamas buttermilk pancakes from Cracker Barrel (I wish!), but they are the next best, health alternative to it. Got a craving, but don't want to risk the calories and hard work? Find substitutes for the ingredients. I have been dieing for a good brownie lately, so keep checking back because the brownies aren't going to stay on your hips. 


2 comments :

  1. Love it! It's all about finding alternatives! Did you see this recipe for brownies? I really want to try it!! http://katiheifner.blogspot.com/2011/03/bulge-free-brownies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! thats crazy! no I have not! but I can't eat beans or tofu while primal. The brownies I want to make would be some serious $$$$ because it calls for a lot of agave nectar and almond flour. soon i hope!

    ReplyDelete