Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A little update since I've been MIA... It's nice to Be Back!

There's nothing quite like staring at the screen of your computer asking yourself, 'what the heck am I gana write about today?!' I don't consider myself a phenomenal writer, in fact, my grammar and sentence structure is a far cry from what's 'correct'. But I also think the WAY I write translates more of my personality and therefor YOU get to know ME better!

So I'll be honest with you all, the blog has been on the back burner (clearly, it's been a while) and I think this picture pretty much sums up how I feel about coming back for my first post in a few weeks.



And it's not because I don't love blogging anymore, its not because I don't have anything to say, and its not because Im trying to avoid my followers... truth is, I REALLY miss blogging. I miss writing, I miss editing pictures, creating new recipes, sharing kick ass transformations, and reviewing products. 

It's kind of my thing. 

But I found a new 'thing' ... called Youtube. And girl oh girl... I've had a ball filming and editing videos for my team and free fitness challenge groups. Go check it out: www.youtube.com/abbyfix 

Lately my focus for work has shifted. I'm a network marketing professional fitness and wellness coach with Beachbody - now say that five times fast. 

I totally just made that sound WAY fancier, but truth is my 'job' aka purpose, passion, core initiative has been to grow myself inside and out, and help other people do the same through health, fitness, and personal growth tactics. 

Basically my life motto as of late has been: 
do the thing, and you shall have the power. 



It's like the heavens parting and God telling me, "Abby, you have a wonderful opportunity everyday to create the life you love by sharing the talents I have blessed you with, now go out there and SHINE!"

And I believe the same motto can be true for you as well. 

Over the last few months, I've come to the startling realization of a few things and while they are damn obvious, sometimes things don't really 'hit' or sink in until you have to really dance with the obstacle to find a solution. 

1. There are NO hand outs in LIFE -- Aint NOTHIN' going to get handed to me... like EVER. If I want it, I gotta work for it. That includes being business savvy, fit as a fiddle (because who doesn't want that nice tush), financially frugal, and emotionally stable.  Thats why I make working out, eating right, reading and learning a MUST DO on my daily routine. It's a beautiful thing when you take ownership of your life. 




2. Save YOURSELF! The knight on the white horse ought to be YOU - I didn't realize this at the time, but when I was married I had it easier... my ex was in the military so we always had a 'secure' (and I use that loosely now considering how nothing is secure) paycheck coming in. I could have been a housewife and stay at home mom for the rest of my days. But when I was in my early twenties, that didn't sound appealing AT ALL. I wanted MORE, and then I demanded more from myself. Since getting divorced I realized what it means to go at it 'alone', meaning I better get my ass up and moving if I want to learn to survive and then learn to thrive. I learned to save me, Abby Marie and let God/Universe/Source Energy be my saving grace. 



3. Get Rhino Thick Skin & Stop People Pleasing - I've learned its important to have an open mind and heart, but it's just as equally important that when you and I go out into the world, we have an armor of rhino skin on. And here's why; it's lovely to be soft, caring, and understanding, but at some point you have to draw the boundaries and remember you and I are a force to be reckoned with. We're going to get negative feedback, not everyone will like us, and in fact some people will even talk about us behind our backs. GASP! But I sure as heck wasn't sent here to be a people pleaser. Let me tell you what happens to people pleasers: they spin their wheels, their emotions are like a ping pong match trying to accommodate/decipher/cater to everyone else and before they know it, they're on E trying to fill up their gas tank with everyone else's approval. That hurt right? Ok, so stop it. You just hurt yourself. 



I hope this shed a little light, wisdom, and harmony to your day... and yes, its been a while... but I plan on coming back and delivering you all the same awesome content I love to share. Plus I wrapped up the 21 Day Fix Extreme, started PiYo and about to take off to Cancun! VIVA la MEXICO!!! ARRRIBAAAAA! 

Alright bellas, until we meet again <3 CIAO! 


1 comment :

  1. Thanks for letting us know about the benefits of eating the icelandic lamb. Keep sharing more information about it.
    Cook at quick smoothie recipes foods.

    ReplyDelete