Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno

This is a gem that I HAVE to share! A long time ago, I asked my good friend and accountability partner, Kati what diet she followed. She told me Eat Clean. I thought, ok what the hell does eat clean mean. Wow random dejavu just now. Ok bear with me here for a sec, so I think I was too stubborn in my ways back then to take her advice on how great the book is.

Well here I am 4 months later, FINALLY reading The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno. I don't know why she labels it diet, I mean I think we are all turned off by the word diet. But if we take away the initial reaction we have of the word diet and look it at as more of an EATING LIFESTYLE change then the actual word "diet" doesn't make me turn up my nose.

With that said, we all have a diet and whether that diet is good or bad or just okay, it's important to evaluate what needs improvement. This book has taught me way more within the hour and half I read it (not front to back, I'm not a speed reader!) then I ever learned in my middle or high school health classes. If that doesn't scream, "AMERICA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM" I don't know what does!

I was following a primal diet for about 3 months and I will give it some serious props for showing me how to find good meat, like grass fed beef and cage free range free eggs, and local or organic veggies and fruits but it did cut out grains.

I realize the importance of grains in moderation and especially eating enough meals a day to maintain my metabolism. I'm really excited about the journey ahead of me with nutrition and I will be changing my Favorite Foods up a bit and Grocery List as well on here, so stay tuned!

P.S. Thanks Kati!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment